03. November 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Libyan faction threatens EU with migrant boats“ · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: ,

Quelle: EU Observer

By Andrew Rettman

One of the two rival authorities in Libya has threatened to send migrants to Europe unless the EU recognises its legitimacy. Jamal Zubia, a spokesman for the General National Congress (GNC), told The Telegraph, a British daily, in an interview published on Monday (2 November): „I have advised my government many times already that we should hire boats and send them [migrants] to Europe.“

„We are protecting the gates of Europe, yet Europe does not recognise us and does not want to recognise us. So why should we stop the migrants here?“.

He noted the GNC has no immediate plans to take the step.

Weiterlesen »

02. November 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für 3 italienische Kriegsschiffe EUNAVFOR in libyschen Gewässern? · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: , ,

Quelle: Libya Herald

Italians deny warship incursion

By Libya Herald reporters

Italy has denied government claims that its warships violated Libyan territorial waters off  Daryanah at the weekend. The government said that three Italian naval vessels had been spotted off the coast to the north of Benghazi early on Saturday morning. Air force commander Saqr Geroushi announced that Libyan warplanes had buzzed the intruders who had then turned away.

Weiterlesen »

27. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für EU, Militär: ‚EUNavforMed‘ warnt Algerien · Kategorien: Algerien, Italien, Libyen · Tags: , ,

Quelle: mideastwire.com

EU warns Algeria: ISIL threatening oil tankers in Mediterranean

On October 24, the independent El-Khabar newspaper carried the following report by its correspondent in Barcelona Muhammad Ben Ahmad: „A prominent security source revealed to El-Khabar that the European Union informed Algeria that maritime navigation was facing serious threats from the Libyan coasts, adding that „the European warning aimed to justify a decision to launch a military operation to monitor the southeastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea.“ The Algerian oil and gas tankers crossing the eastern part of the Mediterranean are threatened with terrorist attacks from the Libyan shores, which is why Algeria decided to cooperate with an EU project to deter any possible terrorist threats coming from the Libyan shores and ports. And Western states warned Algeria about the possibility that the oil and gas tankers might be the object of maritime attacks from the Libyan shores.

Weiterlesen »

26. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Afrikanische Staaten gegen EU-Auffanglager · Kategorien: Libyen, Mali, Malta, Sahara, Tunesien · Tags: , , ,

Die EU verschärft den Druck auf afrikanische Staaten, EU-Flüchtlingsauffanglager in Afrika zu akzeptieren. Vor der euro-afrikanischen Konferenz zur Flucht- und Migrationsbekämpfung in Malta (11.-12.11.2015) verständigen sich mehrere Regierungen afrikanischer Staaten auf einen Ablehnungskurs.

Inzwischen wird bekannt, in welchem Ausmass die deutsche Bundesregierung Militär, Frontex, Europol, BKA u.a. mit den Mitteln des Antiterrorismus in nord- und ostafrikanischen Ländern aufzuhalten gedenkt. Wichtige Planungs- und Wegbereitungsinstanzen, die die Bundesregierung beispielsweise für die tunesische Grenzaufrüstung beauftragt hat, sind ICMPD und IOM.

(AE) JHA: African countries opposed to hosting EU asylum applicants on their soil

Brussels, 20/10/2015 (Agence Europe) – Three weeks from the Valletta summit on the migration crisis (11-12 November), several potential points of friction with African countries have been identified, according to a working paper of the Luxembourg Presidency of the Council of the EU. Weiterlesen »

25. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Dutzende von Leichen an libyschen Stränden angespült · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen, Mittelmeerroute · Tags: ,

Quelle: La Repubblica

Migranti, decine di cadaveri sulle spiagge della Libia

Quaranta i corpi recuperati sul litorale fra Tripoli e Khoms; altri trenta sarebbero i dispersi in seguito al naufragio

ROMA – Una nuova tragedia dei migranti nel Mediterraneo, stavolta sulle coste della Libia. I corpi senza vita di 40 persone sono stati ritrovati sulla battiglia delle spiagge di Zliten, una città a est della capitale Tripoli. La croce rossa libica ha detto che i corpi erano sparsi a distanza sulla costa tra Tripoli e Khoms. Secondo Mohamed al-Masrati, portavoce dell’organizzazione umanitaria, nella maggior parte si tratterebbe di migranti provenienti da paesi dell’area subsahariana. La stessa fonte ha riferito che le autorità marittime sono alla ricerca di altri trenta profughi che sarebbero dispersi in mare in seguito al naufragio del barcone che li trasportava. La Libia resta la base operativa delle maggiori organizzazioni criminali del traffico di esseri umani, aumentato a dismisura dopo il caos seguito alla caduta di Gheddafi.

Weiterlesen »

25. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Grauenhafte Zustände in libyschen Flüchtlingslagern · Kategorien: Libyen · Tags:

Quelle: Huffington Post

I nuovi lager. L’incubo dei migranti nei campi di concentramento libici

di Flore Murard-Yovanovitch

Li incontri nei porti, i volti emaciati, i corpi denutriti e sull’orlo di spezzarsi, come le loro anime. Sopravvissuti agli abusi dei campi di detenzione libici, nei cui cortili ancora oggi, migliaia di migranti subsahariani sono rinchiusi.

Picchiati, seviziati, lasciati morire di fame, di stenti e di malattie.

Weiterlesen »

25. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „The grim task of identifying the migrants who don’t reach Europe“ · Kategorien: Libyen, Mittelmeer · Tags: ,

Quelle: The Washington Post

By Kevin Sieff

ZUWARAH, LIBYA — Ibrahim al-Attoushi was looking for another body. Nearly every day, the dead washed ashore on this remote stretch of beach, migrants whose boats had capsized on their way to Europe. This morning there had been a report of one more.

Another body meant another unmarked grave in the city’s cemetery, where hundreds of migrants have already been buried. It meant another statistic to record in a thick white binder. But mostly, for Attoushi and several other volunteer aid workers, it meant another person to identify and another grieving family to track down.

Weiterlesen »

22. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Libyen, Italien: Boat-people Statistik – 2014 Höhepunkt · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: , ,

Quelle: Romasette

Migranti, nel 2015 diminuiti del 7,4% gli arrivi sulle coste italiane

Il ministero dell’Interno pubblica il Rapporto sull’accoglienza. Negli ultimi 2 anni arrivate 300mila persone. Crollo dei siriani; i più numerosi ora sono eritrei

Il 2014 è stato l’anno record degli sbarchi: oltre 170mila gli arrivi, un dato che supera la somma dei tre anni precedenti (incluso quello dell’emergenza Nord Africa). E il 2015 non è da meno, con un calo del 7,4 per cento rispetto ai primi nove mesi del 2014, ma pur sempre con 136.432 migranti sbarcati sulle coste italiane fino allo scorso 10 ottobre (3 volte quelli arrivati nel 2012 e due quelli dell’emergenza Nord Africa). Weiterlesen »

10. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „UN Security Council to vote on EU naval mission“ · Kategorien: Europa, Libyen, Mittelmeer · Tags: ,

Quelle: DW

The UN Security Council is set to vote on a draft resolution on Friday authorizing an EU naval mission to intercept and seize migrant trafficker vessels in the Mediterranean. The EU launched the mission this week.

The resolution would provide UN approval, and possibly greater legitimacy, to the European naval mission launched this week to board, search and seize vessels suspected of trafficking migrants in international waters from Libya to Europe.

Weiterlesen »

06. Oktober 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Libyen: Fast 100 Tote angeschwemmt · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: ,

Quelle: La Repubblica

Profughi, quasi 100 morti al largo della Libia

GINEVRA – Da domenica quasi 100 profughi sono morti al largo delle coste libiche. Lo rivela l’Organizzazione internazionale per le migrazioni riportando notizie non confermate raccolte dalla Mezzaluna Rossa libica.

Il comunicato dell’Oim riprende quanto riferito dal portavoce della Mezzaluna Rossa libica, Mohamed al-Masrati: 85 corpi in stato di decomposizione sono stati recuperati vicino a Tripoli e altri dieci vicino a Sabartha, città costiera a 66 chilometri dalla capitale da cui parte il maggior numero di barche dirette in Europa. Weiterlesen »