24. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Túnez impide la salida de 51 personas y arresta a un importante traficante · Kategorien: Italien, Tunesien · Tags: ,

La Vanguardia | 23.10.2017

Fuerzas armadas tunecinas impidieron en las últimas horas la salida de una embarcación precaria con 51 personas que trataban de viajar de forma ilegal a Europa y detuvo al cabecilla de una presunta red mafiosa de tráfico de personas, informó hoy el Ministerio de Interior.

En un comunicado, el departamento explicó que los inmigrantes, todos ellos tunecinos con edades comprendidas entre los 18 y los 35 años, se disponían a salir de una playa próxima a la ciudad meridional de Sfax, capital económica del país.

Weiterlesen »

24. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Unos 400 inmigrantes llegan el fin de semana a las costas españolas · Kategorien: Algerien, Marokko, Spanien · Tags:

noticias de Navarra | 23.10.2017

sevilla- Cerca de 400 inmigrantes han llegado a bordo de una veintena de pateras a las costas españolas durante este fin de semana, la mayoría de ellos a Andalucía, aunque también a Ceuta, Melilla y Mallorca. La llegada más dramática se ha producido esta mañana en Melilla, donde la Guardia Civil ha recuperado el cadáver de un subsahariano que flotaba en el mar cerca del dique sur de la ciudad, donde fueron rescatados del agua otros 17 inmigrantes, ha informado la Delegación del Gobierno. – D.N.

24. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Save the Children suspends migrant rescues in Mediterranean“ · Kategorien: Italien · Tags: , ,

Reuters | 24.10.2017

International humanitarian group Save the Children said on Monday it had suspended migrant rescues in the Mediterranean Sea as departures from Libya slow and security conditions worsen.

Save the Children has operated a ship, the Vos Hestia, since September last year, rescuing more than 10,000 migrants from dangerous and overcrowded boats launched by people smugglers.

“For too long we have been the substitution for the inexistent and inadequate European policies for search and rescue and for hosting migrants,” Save the Children Director General Valerio Neri said in a statement.

Weiterlesen »

24. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Algeria’s Tuaregs calls for reopening of Ghat border crossing · Kategorien: Algerien, Libyen · Tags:

Libya Herald | 23.10.2017

Following calls by civil society organisations in Ghat on Algeria to open the border and send aid to the town, a highly-respected Algerian Tuareg leader has visited the area and backed their demands.

Ibrahim Goma today first met officials and elders on the Algerian side of the border in the town of Djanet to determine the needs of Ghat. He then crossed the border at Tin El Koum to discuss reopening it with Tuareg leaders in Ghat. Apart from asking for Algerian aid, locals in the mainly Tuareg town have particularly called on the Algerian authorities to allow the sick to be treated in Algerian hospitals.

Weiterlesen »

24. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Fotoreportage: „Hopes and Fears on the Road to Europe“ · Kategorien: Balkanroute, Schengen Migration, Serbien, Ungarn · Tags:

Balkan Insight | 24.10.2017

Refugees and migrants taking the long, hazardous journey to the European Union offered unique personal insights into their lives in transit as they made their way across Serbia.

ALI: Syrian father-of-six heading for Hungary

After being on the road with his wife and six children for more than a year since they left eastern Syria, Ali was living in the Subotica transit camp in northern Serbia. They had managed to cross the mountains and the sea, but they had got stuck in Serbia because of the closure of the route north.

Ali and his family had applied for asylum in Hungary and after waiting for six months, they were finally selected to cross the border.

Weiterlesen »
24. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Why do Africans migrate? A report“ · Kategorien: Afrika, Hintergrund, Libyen · Tags:

Libya Herald | 23.10.2017

By Sami Zaptia

A report entitled ‘‘Out of Africa. Why people migrate’’ by ISPI, the Italian Institute for International Political Studies, says that European representation of African migration by media and politicians is ‘‘politicized’’ and ‘‘alarmist’’. This has led to ‘‘increasingly more restrictive migration policies’’.

The 170-page report published last week says that the EU and its member states have failed to look below the surface of migration flows as they have repeatedly preferred to turn a blind eye to their root causes.

Contrary to popular perceptions, the report suggests that the size and destinations of African migration are similar to global migratory patterns and that African migrants are more likely to move to neighbouring countries within their African sub-region than elsewhere, because of the higher costs of moving over longer distances. The study concludes that in fact there is a larger than popularly perceived number of sub-Saharan countries each hosting over two million displaced people last year.

Weiterlesen »

23. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „UN Migration Agency Providing Emergency Support to Thousands of Migrants Affected by Sabratha Conflict“ · Kategorien: Libyen · Tags: , ,

IOM | 17.10.2017

Sabratha – In the aftermath of weeks of conflict in the Libyan coastal city of Sabratah, IOM, the UN Migration Agency is providing support to more than 14,000 migrants, previously held in numerous informal detention centres and camps and now transferred to Zuwara and an assembly point in Sabratha.

Since the outbreak of the crisis in recent weeks, 6,700 migrants have received core relief packages, which include mattresses, blankets, pillows and hygiene kits at six separate locations and more than 100,000 meals (including water and juice) have been provided in Zuwara and Sabratha. IOM has also responded to the vast health needs and conducted 1,631 medical interventions and treated 23 injury cases. In addition, 21 women have received pregnancy care including deliveries, while 476 migrants (250 men, 161 women and 65 children) have received psychosocial support.

Weiterlesen »

23. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Zweifelhafte Abschiebung nach Afghanistan“ · Kategorien: Afghanistan, Deutschland · Tags:

ARD Tagesschau | 23.10.2017

Für Dienstag ist erneut eine Abschiebung nach Afghanistan geplant. Zwar sollen derzeit nur Straftäter, Gefährder und Identitätsverweigerer dorthin gebracht werden – doch in mindestens einem Fall scheint sich die Regierung nicht daran zu halten.

Von Reiko Pinkert und Christian Baars, NDR

Der nächste Abschiebeflug mit abgelehnten afghanischen Asylsuchenden aus Deutschland nach Kabul soll morgen vom Flughafen Leipzig-Halle starten. Dies berichten mehrere Flüchtlingshelfer und Anwälte. Es wäre die zweite Sammelabschiebung seit dem Anschlag nahe der deutschen Botschaft in Kabul im Mai dieses Jahres.

Weiterlesen »

22. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Bündnis der Visegrád-Staaten: Das andere Europa“ · Kategorien: Europa, Schengen Migration, Ungarn · Tags:

taz | 22.10.2017

Wirtschaftsboom, Kritik an Brüssel und Abwehr von Migration: viel mehr eint Tschechien, Ungarn, Polen und die Slowakei nicht.

Ralf Leonhard

Wie sehr die Atmosphäre in manchen EU-Staaten durch den fremdenfeindlichen Diskurs vergiftet ist, konnte man Anfang Oktober in der kleinen ungarischen Gemeinde Öcsény beobachten: Die Einwohner organisierten einen Aufstand, als eine lokale NGO einigen Kindern anerkannter Flüchtlinge einen Erholungsurlaub in einem Gästehaus finanzieren wollte. Der Betreiber fand seinen Wagen mit durchstochenen Reifen und eingeschlagenen Scheiben.

Bürgermeister János Fülöp trat nach Morddrohungen aus Angst zurück. Auf einer Einwohnerversammlung kam es zu Schreiduellen. Wortmeldungen, wie „diese Einwanderer sind Tiere, das sind keine Menschen, sie sind Terroristen, sie werden alles zerstören und unsere Kinder vergewaltigen“, wurden protokolliert. Premier Viktor Orbán zeigte volles Verständnis für diese Ausschreitungen gegen Minderjährige, die ein paar Tage Zerstreuung in der Natur suchten: „Ich kann daran nichts Falsches finden. Die Menschen wollen keine Einwanderer.“

Weiterlesen »

22. Oktober 2017 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Migranti, a Ventimiglia i primi effetti della “strategia Minniti”: “Sono cambiate le rotte. In aumento arrivi dal Maghreb” · Kategorien: Algerien, Italien, Marokko, Schengen Migration, Social Mix, Tunesien, Video · Tags:

In Ventimiglia zeigen sich die ersten Folgen der Strategie des italienischen Innenministers Minniti: kam die Mehrzahl der Flüchtlinge bisher aus Eritrea, Sudan, Äthiopien und anderen subsaharischen Ländern, so sind es nun vor allem jugendliche Algerier, Tunesier und Marokkaner, die versuchen, die Grenze nach Frankreich zu passieren. Beobachter glauben, dass die Nachbarländer Libyens versuchen, Geld von der EU zu bekommen, damit sie wieder dafür sorgen, dass die Migration blockiert wird.

Il Fatto Quotidiano | 22.10.2017

Ventimiglia è un luogo di osservazione privilegiato per comprendere i mutamenti nei flussi e nelle rotte dei migranti in viaggio verso l’Europa. Così negli ultimi 15 giorni, ad arrivare nella città di frontiera, insieme ai tanti richiedenti asilo e rifugiati usciti senza speranza dalle maglie dei circuiti di accoglienza italiani, ci sono le persone arrivate con gli sbarchi, tornati numerosi come gli scorsi anni. A cambiare però è il volto di chi arriva, non più persone provenienti da Sudan, Eritrea, Etiopia e altri paesi dell’Africa subsahariana, che rappresentavano il numero maggiore alla frontiera con la Francia fino allo scorso anno, ma algerini, tunisini e giovani provenienti dall’area del Maghreb. Sono i primi effetti della “strategia Minniti”, che secondo diversi addetti ai lavori corrisponderebbero al tentativo da parte dei paesi vicini alla Libia di battere cassa all’Europa per tornare a bloccare i flussi, come recentemente stabilito dall’accordo tra Italia e Libia.

Weiterlesen »