https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/international/
Italian navy arrests 16 human traffickers off Libya
ROME – The Italian navy said Sunday it has arrested 16 human traffickers aboard a so-called „mother ship“ in international waters off Libya.
Submarine surveillance ahead of Saturday’s raid was „of particular importance, notably for gathering proof“ against the traffickers, it said in a statement.
The fishing boat served as a staging area from which the traffickers dispatched their clients – Syrian migrants seeking asylum or a better life – aboard smaller, often rickety vessels to destinations in southern Europe.
The boat had been under surveillance, including by drones, hi-tech radars, night-vision equipment and the submarine, under stepped-up operations launched after two shipwrecks last month claimed some 500 lives.
It was located some 500 kilometers [300 miles] southeast of Sicily, near Libya, the navy said.
Also Saturday, the navy rescued 176 Syrian migrants from one of the boats dispatched by the „mother ship,“ it said.
The navy said the „mother ship“ itself had sunk after it took on water while being towed towards an Italian port.
Libya PM warns of foreign intervention
Ali Zeidan appeals to Libyans that foreign powers may act unless chaos in Libya by militia ex-rebels halts.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/11
Libya’s Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has warned his people of the possibility of foreign powers intervening unless the country’s current chaos ends.
„The international community cannot tolerate a state in the middle of the Mediterranean that is a source of violence, terrorism and murder,“ said Zeidan on Sunday in an appeal aimed at rallying his campaign against militia groups.Citing the example of Iraq, he warned against „the intervention of foreign occupation forces“ in Libya.
The people must take to the streets … and support the building up of the army and police.
Government decides on ten-day deadline for oil protestors
By Ahmed Elumami
Prime minister Ali Zeidan today said that the government would be giving a ten-day deadline to protestors at the country’s oil export terminals to leave.
The decision came after the Crisis Committee of the General National Congress (GNC) had empowered the government to take action, said Zeidan, speaking at today’s press conference.
If the protestors did not comply, Zeidan said, the government would use its “powers and procedures,” to put an end to the strikes. He did not enlarge on what these powers or procedures might involve.
http://www.libyaherald.com/2013/11/10
European diplomats show support for border security with Ghadames visit
Head of the EU Delegation to Libya, Natalya Apostolova, and Head of EUBAM Libya, Antti Hartikainen visiting the Triangle (Photo: Francesca Marretta, EUBAM Libya)The historic border town of Ghadames welcomed a high-profile delegation from Tripoli last week, including the Maltese and Dutch Ambassadors, and the Portuguese Charge d’Affairs.
During the trip, which was organised by Ghadames Town Council and the EU Border Assistance Mission (EUBAM Libya), discussions were held with the local authority and security officials, as well as representatives from civil society and women’s organisations.
http://gatti.blogautore.espresso.repubblica.it/2013/10/22
C’è un altro barcone affondato dai libici
L’11 ottobre scorso sono stati due i pescherecci colpiti dalle raffiche di mitra delle motovedette. E il conteggio delle vittime accertate è molto più grave di quanto comunicato fino ad ora

IL VIDEO DEL NAUFRAGIO
http://espresso.repubblica.it/attualita/…
Sono due i pescherecci carichi di profughi affondati dalle motovedette libiche l’11 ottobre. Del primo barcone colato a picco a 60 miglia a Sud di Lampedusa, l’unico di cui si sapeva finora, l’Espresso ha aggiornato il conto delle vittime, raccogliendo le testimonianze dei sopravvissuti siriani arrivati in Sicilia: circa 480 persone a bordo, 212 recuperate, almeno 268 i morti, tra cui sessanta bambini dei cento partiti con i loro genitori da una spiaggia vicino ad Al Zuwarah, in Libia. Del secondo naufragio, hanno parlato altri siriani soccorsi in mare nei giorni successivi e ora in Italia: il peschereccio, con almeno 400 passeggeri, quasi tutte famiglie in fuga dalla Siria, è stato colpito dalle raffiche di mitra e si è rovesciato al largo della costa nordafricana. Ancora non è possibile sapere quanti siano i morti e i sopravvissuti. E forse non si sapranno mai.
http://espresso.repubblica.it/inchieste/2013/11/07/news/
Lampedusa shipwreak: those 268 deads could have been avoided
di Fabrizio Gatti
The death of 268 Syrian refugees, who drowned on October 11th off the coast of Lampedusa, could have been avoided. A report conducted by “L’Espresso” has reconstructed the incredible conduct of Italian authorities and the effects of European regulations. Three distress calls via satellite were totally ignored. Two hours of waiting at sea.
Weiterlesen »
http://www.elwatan.com/une/lampedusa
siehe auch:
Flüchtlinge im „Konzentrationslager“
Die vor Lampedusa Ertrunkenen sind vor der Überfahrt in einem Lager in Libyen festgehalten worden. Den schweren Misshandlungen dort entkamen sie nur gegen Lösegeld.
ROM afp | Dutzende der Flüchtlinge, die sich auf dem Anfang Oktober vor Lampedusa mit hunderten Menschen an Bord gekenterten Boot befanden, sind zuvor in Libyen gefoltert und vergewaltigt worden. 130 Flüchtlinge aus Eritrea seien in der libyschen Wüste festgehalten worden, teilte die Polizei am Freitag mit. Ein Staatsanwalt sprach von einem „Konzentrationslager“. Einer der mutmaßlichen Schlepper und Vergewaltiger aus Somalia wurde diese Woche festgenommen.
Weiterlesen »
Hier link zum Artikel in der fr-online:
„[…] Der Senat könnte aber auch Mut beweisen und auf die Lampedusa-Flüchtlinge eingehen. Sie fordern Anerkennung unter Paragraf 23, Aufenthaltsgesetz, der den Männern eine Möglichkeit bietet, legal in Deutschland zu bleiben. „Unsere Gruppe ist ein Beweis dafür, dass die europäische Flüchtlingspolitik nicht funktioniert und rasch geändert werden muss“, sagt Asuquo Udo, ein Sprecher der Gruppe. Der Senat könnte dem folgen und den Flüchtlingen aus „humanitären Gründen“ Aufenthalt gewähren.Da eine solche Bewilligung unter Paragraf 23 der Zustimmung des Bundes bedarf, müsste die Hamburger SPD-Regierung Bundesinnenminister Hans-Peter Friedrich CSU überzeugen, der sich jedoch gerade erst für ein Festhalten am Dublin-System stark gemacht hat. Eben jenes System würde mit diesem Entschluss außer Kraft gesetzt. Ein weitreichender Schritt. Aber damit würde der Senat die Chance schaffen, die unwürdige Dublin-Praxis im europäischen Asylsystem zu reformieren.“
via Hamburg hat drei Optionen, mit Lampedusa-Flüchtlinge umzugehen – SPIEGEL ONLINE
Libye – Des miliciens amazighs ferment le gazoduc Green Stream vers l’Italie
Le terminal pétrolier Zueitina, Le terminal pétrolier Zueitina, près de Benghazi, est l’un de ceux qui sont bloqués
Le gazoduc Green Stream qui achemine du gaz libyen vers l’Italie à partir du terminal gazier de Millitah, dans l’ouest du pays est fermé, a annoncé le chef d’une milice amazigh, Younes Naniss. Dans d’autres régions du pays et notamment à l’Est, les terminaux pétroliers sont bloqués depuis juillet.
Weiterlesen »