26. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Kreuzfahrtschiff: Gerettete Bootsflüchtlinge wollen nicht nach Zypern · Kategorien: Griechenland, Israel, Mittelmeerroute, Syrien · Tags:

Limassol (Cyprus) (AFP)

Almost 300 mostly Syrian refugees rescued by a cruise liner were refusing Friday to disembark in Cyprus’s southern port of Limassol, demanding instead to be taken to Italy, the cruise company said.

A total of 345 migrants, mainly women and children, had been plucked from a boat in trouble off the coast of Cyprus on Thursday by a Salamis Cruise Lines ship, according to the company and Cypriot authorities. Some 700 paying passengers disembarked from the 157-metre liner, police said, but only 65 of those rescued at sea left the ship. The others refused to budge, the shipping company said.

Weiterlesen »

25. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Zypern Kreuzfahrtschiff rettet 300 syrische Bootsflüchtlinge · Kategorien: Griechenland, Syrien · Tags: ,

„Cyprus cruise liner rescues 300 refugees

AFP

Nicosia AFP – A cruise liner returning from Greece was pressed into action in rough seas off Cyprus Thursday to rescue some 300 people thought to be Syrian refugees whose trawler had run into trouble. The refugees, mostly women and children, were loaded aboard the Salamis Filoxenia cruise liner and were in „good health“, according to George Ppouro, the harbour master in the Cypriot port of Limassol.

The vessel was expected to dock at around 9:00 pm 1800 GMT in Limassol, where the interior ministry said the migrants would be given health checks. The liner had been en route from the Greek island of Syros to Limassol when it received a call to assist in the rescue operation. The trawler sent out a distress signal at 6:25 am 0325 GMT when it was about 50 nautical miles southwest of the tourist hub of Paphos, the Cypriot government said.

Weiterlesen »

25. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Alarm Phone – Watch The Med Aufruf in diversen Sprache · Kategorien: Alarm Phone, Mittelmeerroute · Tags: , ,

http://www.watchthemed.net/index.php/

Alarmphone

For Boatpeople in Distress at Sea and in Cases of Pushback

The Watch The Med Alarm Phone is a ‘hotline’ for people in distress at sea. Our hotline will run 24/7 and will immediately raise alarm when refugees and migrants get into situations of distress at sea and are not promptly rescued. It will be managed by human rights activists from both sides of the Mediterranean and offer a multilingual team that will first advise all persons in distress to alert the officially responsible rescue teams. The Watch The Med Alarm Phone does not possess rescue-teams and we cannot offer direct protection. When a distress call is received, we will call the coast guards ourselves, and follow up on their response, making known to them that we are informed and ‘watching’ them. If they fail to respond, we will gather all imaginable political and public pressure to force them to do so.

—————————————————————————————————

 + +  The number will be published here on the 10th of October  + +

—————————————————————————————————

—————————————————————————————————

+ +  Read and download the flyer in  EN   FR   AR   DT   GR   IT  ES    + +

—————————————————————————————————

Weiterlesen »

25. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Andalusien: 12 Boat-people angekommen · Kategorien: Marokko, Spanien · Tags:

Interceptada una patera con 12 inmigrantes, entre ellos un menor, a 2 millas de la costa de BarbateSalvamento Marítimo ha interceptado en la madrugada de este miércoles una patera con doce inmigrantes a bordo, entre ellos un menor, a dos millas de la costa de la localidad gaditana de Barbate.

EUROPA PRESS

Según han informado a Europa Press fuentes del servicio unificado de emergencias 112, la embarcación fue avistada e interceptada por Salvamento sobre las 01,50 horas a dos millas de la costa y a continuación fue trasladada hasta el puerto de Barbate.Sus doce ocupantes se encuentran en aparente buen estado de salud, aunque dos de ellos fueron atendidos por Cruz Roja a su llegada al puerto de Barbate.

via Interceptada una patera con 12 inmigrantes, entre ellos un menor, a 2 millas de la costa de Barbate

25. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Tunesische Grenzer erschießen Syrer auf Flucht nach Libyen / Europa · Kategorien: Libyen, Tunesien · Tags: , ,

Syrian killed by Tunisian border guards as he attempts to enter Libya

By Libya Herald staff

A Syrian was shot and killed and four others injured as they attempted to cross the Tunisian border into Libya, according to the Tunisian Ministry of Interior.

The men were fired upon by members of the Tunisian National Guard after the driver of the car in which they were riding refused a command to stop. Varying sources report there were between 12 and 14 people in the vehicle. It is reported to have been travelling in a restricted area.

Weiterlesen »

24. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Frontex: Boat-people nach Malta oder Italien? · Kategorien: Italien, Malta · Tags: ,

Frontex mission held up as Malta, Italy squabble

A new Mediterranean border patrol mission planned by EU agency Frontex is still on the drawing board as Malta and Italy negotiate who would take the migrants rescued.

Malta and Italy have squabbled over this issue for years. While Malta insists that according to international law migrants should be taken to the nearest safe port, successive Italian governments have argued that they should be taken to the country coordinating the rescue.

Weiterlesen »

24. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Gaza Boat-people Schiffskatastrophe: „Left To Die“ (Spiegel) · Kategorien: Griechenland, Israel, Italien, Malta · Tags: , ,

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/

Überlebende der „Massenmord“-Schiffskatastrophe (400 Tote) berichten in Griechenland, dass vier Schiffe an ihnen vorübergefahren sind, als sie zu Hunderten im Wasser ums Überleben kämpfen. Sie ließen sie sterben. Unterlassene Hilfeleistung der Festung Europa! Die auf Sizilien festgehaltenen Überlebenden werden nach wie vor von den Behörden von der Außenwelt isoliert, nicht einmal ihre Namen sind bekannt. Palästinensische Angehörige aus aller Welt sind nach Sizilien geflogen und suchen verzweifelt nach Anzeichen, wo sich die Überlebenden befinden könnten.

„Alhila claims that four ships passed by but none stopped. „They just left us to die.“

‚Left To Die‘: The Survivors of the Malta Refugee Shipwreck

By Julia Amalia Heyer, Walter Mayr, Maximilian Popp and Chrissi Wilkens

DER SPIEGEL

Earlier this month, 500 people, mostly refugess from the Gaza Strip, drowned when their ship sank in the Mediterranean. It was the worst such tragedy in a summer full of them. SPIEGEL traveled to Gaza and Crete to find out what happened.

Weiterlesen »

23. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Linosa: 40 Boat people gerettet · Kategorien: Italien · Tags:

Quaranta immigrati soccorsi a Linosa

Le operazioni sono state condotte dalla Capitaneria di porto di Lampedusa, dopo una segnalazione dei Carabinieri di Linosa. Nella zona sono intervenute tre motovedette della Guardia costiera.

LINOSA. Un barcone con una quarantina di migranti a bordo è stato soccorso davanti all’isola di Linosa, la più piccola delle Pelagie. Le operazioni sono state condotte dalla Capitaneria di porto di Lampedusa, dopo una segnalazione dei Carabinieri di Linosa. Nella zona sono intervenute tre motovedette della Guardia costiera, che stanno adesso trasferendo gli immigrati a Lampedusa.

Weiterlesen »

23. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Überlebende berichten – Report Mainz 23.09.2014 · Kategorien: Griechenland, Italien, Malta · Tags: , ,

REPORT MAINZ, Dienstag, 23.09.2014 um 21.45 Uhr im Ersten

Exklusive Zeugenaussagen über Flüchtlingstragödie im Mittelmeer

Drei von zehn Überlebenden des mutmaßlichen Massenmordes berichten im Interview mit „REPORT MAINZ“ und „SPIEGEL“ von ihrem Martyrium und wie ihr Boot versenkt wurde

Weiterlesen »

23. September 2014 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Frachtschiff meldet 21 Boat-people vor Andalusien · Kategorien: Marokko, Spanien · Tags:

Salvamento Marítimo intercepta una patera con 21 personas a bordo a 40 millas de la costa de Cartagena

Ep. Murcia.

Salvamento Marítimo (Sasemar) ha interceptado este lunes una patera que navegaba con 21 personas a bordo a 40 millas al sur de la costa de Cartagena, en el límite entre las demarcaciones de Argelia y España, según informaron a Europa Press fuentes del citado organismo. El hallazgo tuvo lugar sobre las 12.00 horas, cuando un buque de bandera holandesa atisbó la patera, de unos cuatro metros de eslora, y avisó a Salvamento Marítimo.

Weiterlesen »