28. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Libya Releases 4 US Military Personnel“ – ABC News · Kategorien: Libyen · Tags:

„Libya Releases 4 US Military Personnel

By LOLITA C. BALDOR Associated Press

Four U.S. military personnel investigating potential evacuation routes in Libya were taken into custody at a checkpoint and then detained briefly by the Libyan government before being released, U.S. officials said Friday night.
Weiterlesen »

28. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Prison breakout in Ajdabiya“ – Libya Herald · Kategorien: Libyen

Prison breakout in Ajdabiya

By Noora Ibrahim

There has been another mass breakout from the prison in Ajdabiya, according to the spokesman for the town’s Joint Security Room, Bashir Abdul Gader. He told the Libya Herald today that over 40 men had managed to escape yesterday but that four had been recaptured.
Weiterlesen »

28. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Nord-Mali: Wer waren die Touareg-Rückkehrer aus Libyen? · Kategorien: Hintergrund, Libyen, Mali · Tags:

http://maliactu.net/mali-ex-libyens-et-pro-bamako-ces-touaregs

Mali : ex-Libyens et pro-Bamako … ces Touaregs qui en 2011 ne voulaient que la paix

Laurent Touchard travaille depuis de nombreuses années sur le terrorisme et l’histoire militaire. Il a collaboré à plusieurs ouvrages et certains de ses travaux sont utilisés par l’université Johns-Hopkins, aux États-Unis. Cette semaine il revient sur l’histoire, peu connue, des Touaregs ex-Libyens qui étaient pro-Bamako.

17 janvier 2012, 06H00, Ménaka, nord-est du Mali … Des tirs visent les bâtiments de l’escadron de gendarmerie ainsi que ceux de la compagnie méhariste de la Garde nationale. L’insurrection menée par le Mouvement national de libération de l’Azawad (MNLA) vient de commencer. Cette action constitue l’aboutissement logique de plusieurs mois durant lesquels les irrédentistes touaregs se sont organisés et préparés à la guerre contre le pouvoir de Bamako. Les épisodes narrés ci-dessous sont désormais bien connus. En revanche, l’histoire des Touaregs ex-Libyens pro-Bamako l’est beaucoup moins. Tout commence durant l’été 2011…

Weiterlesen »

21. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Eurosur: Bundespolizei Potsdam, DLR und EU-Auffanglager in Libyen · Kategorien: Deutschland, Hintergrund, Italien, Libyen · Tags: , , ,

2013-12-21_test

KA 18_76

http://www.andrej-hunko.de/start/download/

Auszüge:

„Das deutsche nationale Koordinationszentrum wird im Lage- und Führungsdienst des Bundespolizeipräsidiums in Potsdam eingerichtet.“

„Services Activations For Growing Eurosur’s Success (SAGRES) ist ein EU-Projekt zur Bewertung von Dienste-Szenarien zur Unterstützung des EUROSUR Systems von FRONTEX. (siehe: http://copernicus-sagres.eu/technical_details/scop.html). Im Rahmen des Projektes SAGRES arbeitet das Deutsche Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR) im Unterauftrag der Firma gmv aus Spanien. Das DLR hat die Aufgabe, auf der Grundlage von Satellitendaten Schiffsdetektionen auf hoher See durchzuführen. Dazu müssen Algorithmen entwickelt, optimiert und prä-operationelle Systemketten entwickelt werden.“
Weiterlesen »

20. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Local government could boost border security“ – Libya Herald · Kategorien: Libyen · Tags:

Local government could boost border security, says NGO

By Houda Mzioudet.

Dutch local government NGO VNG International held workshops yesterday in Tripoli to support the building of democratic local government in Libya, showing how local government could boost border security. Weiterlesen »

19. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Militäreinsatz, Frontex und Eurosur als Abschreckung – offiziöse Auswertung · Kategorien: Hintergrund, Italien, Libyen, Malta, Mittelmeerroute, Syrien, Türkei · Tags: , , , ,

http://www.notiziegeopolitiche.net/?p=36959

Eurosur e Frontex: la geostrategia dell’Unione europea

di Giovanni Caprara
imageIl Governo italiano ha rafforzato il dispositivo nazionale per il pattugliamento del Canale di Sicilia con l’operazione Mare Nostrum, una missione militare ed umanitaria la cui finalità è prestare soccorso ai migranti prima che possano ripetersi altri tragici incidenti. L’obiettivo sarà quello di intervenire a supporto degli esuli avvicinandosi il più vicino possibile ai porti dei Paesi nord africani dai quali salpano i barconi fatiscenti che li traghettano in Europa.
La speranza è che tale operazione funga come deterrente nei confronti di coloro che organizzano questo illecito traffico di esseri umani, intercettandoli ancor prima che possano abbandonare al loro destino i passeggeri e cogliendoli, dunque, in piena flagranza di reato, punibile, in base a quanto prescrive la giurisprudenza, con la detenzione da 5 a 15 anni. Tale deterrenza si trasmuterebbe in illusoria nel caso in cui Mare Nostrum venisse interpretata dai trafficanti come un aiuto per raggiungere le coste italiane, sperando poi nella riduzione dell’eventuale pena comminata. Il destino dei migranti non è vincolato da chi presta loro aiuto e basandosi su quanto recita il Diritto di Navigazione Internazionale, la valutazione di dove scortarli sarà presa in base alla zona in cui è avvenuto il contatto.

Weiterlesen »

19. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Libyan coastguard catches 195 migrants“ – Libya Herald · Kategorien: Libyen · Tags: , , ,

Libyan coastguard catches 195 migrants

The Libyan coastguard picked up two boats of migrants bound for Europe yesterday, one of which was discovered during a routine patrol.

The vessel, found off the coast of Garabulli by members of Tripoli Coastguard who were on a reconnaissance mission, had 103 illegal immigrants on board. It was escorted back to Tripoli Port and the migrants were taken to an illegal immigration detention centre in the capital’s Abu Saleem district.
Weiterlesen »

18. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Charta of Lampedusa, Meeting 31.01.-02.02.2014 · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen, Malta, Termine [alt] · Tags: ,

http://www.meltingpot.org/The-Charter-of-Lampedusa-From-31st-January-to-2nd-February.html

All the versions of this article: [English] [Español] [français] [italiano]

The Charter of Lampedusa – From 31st January to 2nd February 2014

Lampedusa island– Mediterranean meeting

On the 3rd October 2013, a few miles from the island of Lampedusa, 368 women, men and children lost their lives in their attempt to reach Europe.
A few days later and in the same waters, the sea swallowed hundreds of people coming from Syria.
These are just some of the thousands of victims of Europe’s frontiers: about twenty thousand in the last twenty-five years.
However, despite the crisis, the European Union has not stopped investing billions of euros in the militarization of its borders: in Lampedusa as in Melilla, through the Evros wall or the Frontex patrols, to the heart of the Lybian desert, where the Union has outsourced its control mechanisms.
Yet the frontiers of Europe do not produce only death.
Weiterlesen »

16. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für 11.10. Schiffskatastrophe: pressure mounts on Malta – „a case of political bravado gone wrong?“ · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen, Malta · Tags: , , ,

http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/

Lampedusa tragedy – a case of political bravado gone wrong?

by Neil Camilleri

Documents, maps and eye-witness accounts seem to indicate that the Maltese government took what was the riskiest and least logical of the six choices it had available on 11 October, when the country was charged with coordinating the rescue of hundreds of Syrian migrants off Lampedusa.

Any of the other five choices could have prevented the migrant tragedy, but all the available evidence leads to the conclusion that Malta had tried to rescue the migrants on its own, instead of asking for the assistance that was available.
Weiterlesen »

10. Dezember 2013 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Italienische und libysche Militärs bringen 900 Boat-people auf · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: , ,

Die Boat-people wurden entweder nach Lampedusa (500) oder zurück nach Tripolis (400) gebracht.

http://www.tio.ch/News/Estero/768533/Mare-nostrum-900-migranti-soccorsi-in-24-ore/

„Mare nostrum, 900 migranti soccorsi in 24 ore

Giornata di intenso lavoro per la Marina Militare impegnata nell’Operazione Mare Nostrum […]

Sono oltre 500 i migranti già recuperati nel tardo pomeriggio di oggi dalle unità della Marina Militare italiana impegnate nell’Operazione Mare Nostrum, per un totale di 900 persone soccorse nelle ultime 24 ore. Lo rende noto lo Stato maggiore della Marina, secondo cui „il recupero dei migranti si è reso necessario a causa delle precarie condizioni di galleggiabilità dei natanti e di totale assenza dei dispositivi di sicurezza“. Weiterlesen »