Quelle: The Local
Up to 100 missing in two migrant shipwrecks
Fifteen migrants are missing after their boat sank on Friday, the second shipwreck that day in the Mediterranean, bringing the number of lives lost to almost 100, the UN said on Sunday.
A boat carrying around 120 people had sunk early Friday, four hours after leaving Libya for Italy, UN refugee agency (UNHCR) spokeswoman Carlotta Sami told AFP, adding that „some 15 persons went missing“.
Among the missing were four Nigerians, two people from the Ivory Coast, three from Guinea, two from Sudan and one from Mali, she said.
Survivors were being disembarked in Pozzallo, Sicily, she said, adding that eight people had been taken straight to hospital „due to their serious health conditions,“ and that two bodies had also been disembarked.