15. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für WTM Dokumentation: Über 300 Tote am 08.02.2015 · Kategorien: Alarm Phone, Italien, Libyen · Tags: , , ,

watchthemed

More than 300 people on four rubber vessels die in the Central Mediterranean Sea

14.02.2015 / 13:07 / Approximately 40 NM off Tripoli and 120 NM off Lampedusa

Four inflatable rubber vessels that together carried over 400 people left a beach close to Tripoli/Libya in order to reach Italy in the night from Saturday 7th to Sunday 8th of February 2015. During their journey the migrants were without food and water and encountered situa-tions of distress due to the very difficult weather conditions. In total, and as far as known, there were merely 86 survivors and more than 324 fatalities.According to first testimonies of survivors, armed smugglers had forced them to embark by threatening to shoot anyone who would refuse to get onto the vessels (source 1). Following the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, survivors reported that water had been leaking into the rubber boats almost immediately after their departure (source 2).

Weiterlesen »

15. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Libyen: Milizen erobern Öl Pipelines und weiteren Hafen · Kategorien: Libyen · Tags: ,

Yahoo News

Libyan oil pipeline sabotaged, gunmen storm Sirte offices

TRIPOLI (Reuters) – Libya’s National Oil Corporation urgently called on Saturday for more official protection for its installations after an oil pipeline from its El Sarir field was sabotaged, halting flow to Hariga port.

In a separate incident, gunmen stormed government buildings in the coastal city of Sirte, forcing officials out at gunpoint and taking over administrative offices and television and radio stations, the state news agency said.

Weiterlesen »

15. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Libyen, Lampedusa: 700 gerettet · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags:

Euronews

Lampedusa, soccorsi 700 migranti partiti dalla Libia

„Due navi mercantili e una motovedetta della Guardia costiera italiana hanno soccorso circa 700 migranti che, partiti dalla Libia, cercavano di attraversare il Canale di Sicilia con mezzi di fortuna.

L’intervento di soccorso è stato coordinato dalle autorità italiane dopo aver ricevuto una richiesta d’aiuto per telefono. […]“

15. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für EP: „Bootsflüchtlinge wie Piraten militärisch bekämpfen“ · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen, Malta · Tags: , , ,

Independent

Roberta Metsola raises possibility of EU Naval Force in the Mediterranean

In light of the latest migrant tragedy off Lampedusa, in which more than 300 people reportedly lost their lives, the European Union needs to consider all options including deploying assets within its naval force, EU NAVFOR, to the Mediterranean, MEP Roberta Metsola said.

Weiterlesen »

14. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Frontex Guardia Civil hat Grenzsicherung Mauretaniens übernommen · Kategorien: Mauretanien, Spanien · Tags:

Die spanische Guardia Civil hat die Grenzsicherung Mauretaniens auf dem Land, zu Wasser und in der Luft mit eigenen Truppen übernommen, finanziert und gesteuert durch Frontex.

estrella digital

El trabajo clandestino de la Guardia Civil en Mauritania

Bajo la cobertura financiera de programas de la UE de control de la inmigración irregular, un centenar de agentes de la Guardia Civil patrullan Mauritania en un despliegue permanente del que nadie habla. Comenzaron en sus costas en 2006, este 2014 han dado el salto a tierra con patrullas incluso en solitario. Aviones C-235 vigilan desde el aire. La coordinación con Defensa, desconocida

Carlos Penedo

Weiterlesen »

14. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Lampedusa 3.10. – Abwälzung der Verantwortung · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: , , , ,

Eritrea-chat

Human Trafficker jailed in Italy for the deaths of 366 migrants (Lampedusa)

Eritrean News: (ITV)

On the fifth floor of Agrigento’s court building, held in a metal cage, is a 30- year-old man who has been sentenced to spend the next 30 years of his life in prison. That man is Mouhamud Elmi Muhidin – found guilty of trafficking almost 400 people to their deaths in the perishing waters of the Mediterranean.

His crimes are so serious that his sentence sets a record in Italy for such offences. The offences themselves set another dreadful record as the greatest loss of life in the recent history of Mediterranean migration. His victims were mainly Eritreans and Somalis who had paid thousands to get safely to Italy – only to die en route.

Weiterlesen »

14. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für „Tod vor Lampedusa“ – TV · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen, Video · Tags: , ,

Tod vor Lampedusa

Do 26.02. 09:05 – 10:00

SRF 1

Europas Sündenfall – Doku, 55 Min.

via Tod vor Lampedusa im TV

14. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Marokko: Ongoing raids and deportations · Kategorien: Marokko · Tags: ,

Update from the ongoing deportations of migrants from the externalized border of the European Union

On Tuesday, 10th of February, the Moroccan authorities launched a large-scale operation to arrest and deport hundreds of migrants. They tormed the Gurugu mountain, destroying and burning the camp, and arresting around a thousand people who were than brought into a makeshift camp.

Their photo, prints and nationalities were recorded. In the course of the day, between 20 and 30 busses left for Southern Morocco and distributed the Gurugu detainees around a dozen different cities: Errachidia, Goulmina, El Jadida, Safi, Kelaat, Sraghna, Chichaoua, Tiznit, Essaouira, Youssoufia, Agadir. Up until now, most people remained imprisoned in different houses, they are given food and clothing. Although they are being told that they will be freed soon, and that the Moroccan state is only taking their ID in order to regularize them, it seems more like the Gurugu inhabitants will be deported.

Weiterlesen »

14. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Schiffskatastrophe: Tod vor, aber auch nach der Rettung · Kategorien: Italien, Libyen · Tags: , , ,

Bei der Schiffskatastrophe vor knapp einer Woche zwischen Libyen und Lampedusa, bei der zwischen 300 und 400 Bootsflüchtlinge umgekommen sind, waren Italien und die EU nicht zu einer adäquaten Rettungsaktion in der Lage. Die zwei großen Schiffe, die die Aufnahme von vielen Menschen bei äusserst widrigen meteorologischen Umständen hätten bewerkstelligen können, mit entsprechendem medizinischen Personal an Bord, waren seit Tagen aus der Region abgezogen worden, zu Wartungs- und Übungszwecken. Die Patrouillenboote der italienischen Küstenwache, die schließlich zur Rettung vor Ort waren, waren hoffnungslos überfordert. 22 der Geretteten starb an Bord der italienischen Küstenwache, auf der langsamen Fahrt nach Lampedusa. Weiterlesen »

14. Februar 2015 · Kommentare deaktiviert für Frontex Leggeri und Push Back · Kategorien: Griechenland, Türkei · Tags: ,

Dokumentation:

„Frontex will Zurückschicken von Flüchtlingen stoppen

Der neue Direktor der europäischen Grenzschutzbehörde Frontex, Fabrice Leggeri, will das Zurückdrängen von Flüchtlingen aufs Meer oder hinter Grenzzäune nicht länger tolerieren. Im Interview mit der deutschen „Zeit“ sagte Leggeri, dass diese „Push-back-Aktionen“ an Europas Grenzen illegal seien.“

http://orf.at/stories/2264969/